• Kick-off is at 7.45pm and ticket information can be found by clicking here.
• Coach travel info can be found by clicking here.
• The weather forecast is partly cloudy with maximum temperatures of 9C.
• Barnet travel to Southport on Tuesday aiming for a second successive Skrill Premier win.
• Last time out the Bees secured an impressive 2-1 victory over Forest Green Rovers at The Hive.
• That result ensured the Bees continued their unbeaten run since the return of Martin Allen who has guided the club to seven points from a possible nine.
• Dani Lopez, Luisma Villa and Roberto Casabella missed Saturday’s win and are not expected to feature.
• Curtis Weston remains unavailable due to suspension.
• The Bees currently sit eighth in the Skrill Premier on 64 points just one win away from fifth placed FC Halifax Town who come to The Hive on Saturday.
• Southport currently sit 19th on 45 points which is four points clear of Aldershot and the Skrill Premier relegation zone.
• Luke George will be available for selection after his one match ban at Cambridge United on Saturday.
• Southport Football Club were formed in 1881 as Southport Central, they are based in Southport, Merseyside.
• They play their home matches at the Merseyrail Community Stadium which has a capacity of 6,008.
• Southport’s nickname is the Sandgrounders.
• The club were promoted to the Skrill Premier following the 2009/10 season after winning the Conference North.
• They have enjoyed relative success since entering the division finishing 21st, seventh and 20th whilst also reaching the FA Trophy quarter-finals earlier this season.
• The Sandgrounders are currently managed by former Accrington Stanley and Rochdale boss John Coleman.
• Coleman made 88 appearances for Southport during three-year spell with the club. His playing career also saw him turnout for Macclesfield Town and Morecambe amongst others.
• In 1997 Coleman was appointed player-manager of Ashton United and after two-years with the club he joined Accrington Stanley.
• His tenure with Stanley lasted over 12 years during which time he guided the club to three promotions from the Northen Premier First Division to the Football League.
• Prior to his move to Rochdale in 2012 Coleman was the third longest serving manager in England, behind Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.
• Coleman spent a year with Rochdale but his contract was terminated on 21 January 2013 following a poor run of form. The 51-year-old returned to management on 7 December 2013 taking charge of the Sandgrounders.
Last time out
5 April 2014
Barnet 2-1 Forest Green Rovers
Barnet: Stack; Gjokaj, Stephens, Johnson (Abdulla 69), Vilhete, Harper, Marsh-Brown, Byrne, Yiadom, Hyde (Saville 87), Nurse (Muggleton 69).
Subs not used: Dymond, Crawford.
Goals: Gjokaj 19, Byrne 80.
5 April 2014
Cambridge United 3-1 Southport
Southport: Hurst, Nsiala, Fitzpatrick, Monthe, Challoner, Brown, Ledsham, O’Sullivan, Boothman (Osawe 62), Walker, Hattersley (Mukendi 62).
Subs not used: Dillon, Daly, Rutherford.
Goals: Walker 16.
25 January 2014 – Barnet 1-0 Southport
• Mauro Vilhete’s 93rd minute header saw Barnet get back to winning ways on a stormy day at The Hive. The Bees dominated from start to finish but a second-half thunderstorm had a massive impact on play and it looked like ending level. However, with just 60 seconds of added time remaining Vilhete leapt in the box to head the ball past Danny Hurst and secure the points.
Barnet: Jupp; Yiadom, Stephens, Saville, Vilhete; Byrne, Weston, Villa; Marsh-Brown (Abdulla 84), Hyde (Crawford 81), Lopez (Nurse 72).
Barnet substitutes: Johnson, Casabella.
Southport: Hurst: Daly, Nsila, George, Jefford; Dillon, Brown, O’Neill, O’Sullivan; Ledsham (Osawe 64), Brodie.
Southport substitutes: Flynn, Smith, Rutherford, Winner
Background (Stats from Soccerbase)
• Barnet have faced Southport a total of six times winning four, drawing one and losing one.
• The first meeting between the two sides came in the Football Conference in 2001 at Underhill. In the reverse fixture the Bees came away with the points thanks to Wayne Purser who sealed a 0-1 win.
• The following season saw Barnet record their biggest win over Southport as Purser again struck to add to a Neil Mirdley double in a 3-1 win at Underhill.
• Southport sealed a 2-1 win in the reverse fixture just eleven days after Barnet’s victory at Underhill, Mark Gower got the goal for the Bees.
• The last meeting between the two sides came on Saturday 25 January when Mauro Vilhete’s 94th minute strike sealed a 1-0 win at The Hive.
Last six meetings
25 January 2014 Barnet 1-0 Southport
12 November 2011 Southport 1-2 Barnet
29 March 2003 Southport 2-1 Barnet
18 March 2003 Barnet 3-1 Southport
16 March 2002 Southport 0-1 Barnet
8 September 2001 Barnet 0-0 Southport
Overall record v (all competitions) W 4 D 1 L 1