• You can watch the Bees take on Aldershot Town and Southport for just £20, for more details please click here.
• Shuttle Bus information can be found by clicking here.
• The Bees will also be taking part in the Herts Senior Cup tonight against Bishop’s Stortford, for more information please click here.
• Barnet face Aldershot Town at The Hive on Tuesday night, kick-off 7.45.
• The match is the first for the Bees following the departure of Edgar Davids who resigned by mutual consent on Saturday night.
• On Monday Paul Fairclough was named interim manager, he will be assisted by Uli Landvreugd, Dick Schreuder and James Thorne.
• The Bees will be looking to bounce back from a devastating 2-1 defeat against Chester FC which leaves them 10th in the Skrill Premier.
• Last time out at The Hive Barnet secured a 1-0 win over Alfreton Town and with another home match against Southport on Saturday there is plenty of reason for optimism.
• Paul Fairclough believes the emphasis is completely on Barnet and the result will be down to how they perform, not Aldershot.
• Kieron Cadogan says facing his former club will be the highlight of his season so far having spent last season at the Recreation Ground.
• Aldershot Town were formed in 1992 following the closure of Aldershot due to financial struggles.
• The Shots play their home matches at the Recreation Ground and before their relegation last year they had played in the Football League since 2008.
• Like Barnet, last time they were promoted from the Conference National was by winning the division. The Bees were crowed champions in 2005 with the Shots emulating them three-years later in 2008.
• In 2009/10 season the Shots finished sixth in League One but they were beaten in the play-offs by Rotherham United who secured a 3-0 aggregate win.
• A good run in last season’s Capital One Cup saw the Shots take on Manchester United but they were comfortably beaten as the Red Devils secured a 3-0 away win.
• Like the Bees Aldershot were relegated on the final day of the 2012/13 season.
• On May 1 2013 Aldershot announced that they were having financial difficulties and one day later they official entered administration with debts of over £1 million.
17th Sepember 2013 – Aldershot 3-3 Barnet
• Barnet came from 3-1 down to secure 3-3 draw against Aldershot Town at the Recreation Ground. The home side took the lead after just two minutes through Brett Williams but the Bees made a blistering start to the second period and pulled level through Curtis Weston. Two costly defensive mistakes saw the home side race into a 3-1 lead against the run of play but Edgar Davids’ side redeemed themselves with Marciano Mengerink and Harry Crawford registering to complete the comeback.
Barnet Football Club: Stack, Johnson, Acheampong (Villa 73), Stephens, Yiadom, Weston, Marsh-Brown, Byrne, Gambin, Abdulla (Mengerink 74), Crawford.
Subs not used: Jupp, Saville, Casabella.
Goal: Weston 57, Mengerink 78, Crawford 88.
Aldershot Town: Morris, Oastler, Goodman, Webster, Baker, Stanley, Rowlands, Oyeleke (Gibbs 76), Molesley, Williams, Paterson (Roberts 62).
Subs not used: Williams, Wickham, Douglas.
Goal: Williams 3 69, Oyeleke 64.
Background (stats from Soccerbase)
• Barnet have faced Aldershot 15 times, they have beaten the Shots on five occasions and lost seven times, three matches have ended level.
• The first meeting between the two sides came in the division they’re in today, the Conference Premier, and it ended Barnet 2-1 Aldershot. Ben Strevens opened the scoring with just three minutes played with Giuliano Grazioli adding a second on 59 minutes. Tim Sills got a consolation with one minute to play.
• The following season the Bees were promoted and on the way they did the double over the Shots. Goals from Grazioli, Richard Graham and Simon King helped the Bees come from behind twice to win 3-2 at the Recreation Ground. And in the reverse fixture goals from Strevens and Grazioli, who loved taking on the Shots, secured a 2-1 win at Underhill.
• Barnet’s biggest victory over Aldershot, a 3-0 win, came in League Two in the 2009/10 season. Micah Hyde opened the scoring in the 55th minute before John O’Flynn took centre-stage to notch an impressive double. The result was particularly sweet following a 4-0 defeat to the Shots earlier in the season at the Recreation Ground.
• Last season Jon Nurse was dismissed in a 0-1 defeat at Underhill for a dangerous challenge on Dani Lopez who would join the Bees shortly after.
• Lopez is best remembered for a superb display in a 4-1 win over Morecambe at Underhill in which he scored the last-ever hat trick on the famous slope. He also spent three months on loan with the Bees during the current season.
• The last meeting between the two sides came on 17th September 2013 when the Bees came from 3-1 down to secure a point with the match ending 3-3 in poor weather conditions.
Last Six Meetings
17 September 2013 – Aldershot 3-3 Barnet
1 January 2013 Barnet 0-1 Aldershot
18 September Aldershot 1-0 Barnet
25 February 2012 Aldershot 4-1 Barnet
15 October 2011 Barnet 2-1 Aldershot
22 March 2011 Aldershot 1-0 Barnet
Overall record v (all competitions) W 5 D 3 L 7