• Barnet face Aldershot tonight at the Recreation Ground.
• Last time out the Bees were left stunned as Jon Nolan secured a point for Lincoln City at The Hive in the 95th minute.
• Aldershot played on Friday night and they secured a second successive win to move into a positive points tally.
• The Shots began the season with a ten point deduction and had they not been handed the deduction they would currently sit just two points behind the Bees.
• Barnet’s top scorer Jake Hyde is a doubt to face the Shots after coming off injured on Saturday.
• Aldershot Town were formed in 1992 following the closure of Aldershot due to financial struggles.
• The Shots play their home matches at the Recreation Ground and before their relegation last year they had played in the Football League since 2008.
• Like Barnet, last time they were promoted from the Conference National was by winning the division. The Bees were crowed champions in 2005 with the Shots emulating them three-years later in 2008.
• In 2009/10 season the Shots finished sixth in League One but they were beaten in the play-offs by Rotherham United who secured a 3-0 aggregate win.
• A good run in last season’s Capital One Cup saw the Shots take on Manchester United but they were comfortably beaten as the Red Devils secured a 3-0 away win.
• Like the Bees Aldershot were relegated on the final day of the 2012/13 season.
• On May 1 2013 Aldershot announced that they were having financial difficulties and one day later they official entered administration with debts of over £1 million.
1 January 2013 – Barnet 0-1 Aldershot
• Barnet last took on Aldershot on the 1st January 2013 but it was not a Happy New Year for the Bees who slipped to a disappointing 0-1 defeat. Edgar Davids missed the match through injury but the Bees had the better of the first-half with Barry Fuller’s close-range effort flying just wide of the post. However, with just four minutes played in the second-half the Bees were handed a double blow as Craig Reid slotted home a penalty moments before Jon Nurse was dismissed. Further agony was on the cards for the home side as Jake Hyde’s equaliser was ruled out for offside so revenge is very much on the cards today…
Barnet Football Club: Stack, Fuller, Brown, Stephens, Iro (Atieno 77), Yiadom, Weston, Oster (Byrne 76), Nurse, Holmes, Hyde.
Subs not used: Cowler, Kamdjo, Fortune, Johnson, Lee.
Opponent: Young, Tonkin, Morris, Brown, Vincenti, Bradley, Hector, Cadogan (Sinclair 81), Rose, Reid (Hylton 82), Lopez (Mekki 60).
Subs not used: Morris, Beqvrst, Robers, Madjo.
Goal: Craig Reid 48.
• Barnet have faced Aldershot 14 times, they have beaten the Shots on five occasions and lost seven times, two matches have ended level.
• The first meeting between the two sides came in the division they’re in today, the Conference Premier, and it ended Barnet 2-1 Aldershot. Ben Strevens opened the scoring with just three minutes played with Giuliano Grazioli adding a second on 59 minutes. Tim Sills got a consolation with one minute to play.
• The following season the Bees were promoted and on the way they did the double over the Shots. Goals from Grazioli, Richard Graham and Simon King helped the Bees come from behind twice to win 3-2 at the Recreation Ground. And in the reverse fixture goals from Strevens and Grazioli, who loved taking on the Shots, secured a 2-1 win at Underhill.
• Barnet’s biggest victory over Aldershot, a 3-0 win, came in League Two in the 2009/10 season. Micah Hyde opened the scoring in the 55th minute before John O’Flynn took centre-stage to notch an impressive double. The result was particularly sweet following a 4-0 defeat to the Shots earlier in the season at the Recreation Ground.
• Last time out Jon Nurse was dismissed in a 0-1 defeat at Underhill for a dangerous challenge on Dani Lopez who would join the Bees shortly after.
• Lopez is best remembered for a superb display in a 4-1 win over Morecambe at Underhill in which he scored the last-ever hat trick on the famous slope.
Last six meetings (All League Two)
1 January 2013 Barnet 0-1 Aldershot
18 September Aldershot 1-0 Barnet
25 February 2012 Aldershot 4-1 Barnet
15 October 2011 Barnet 2-1 Aldershot
22 March 2011 Aldershot 1-0 Barnet
1 January 2011 Barnet 1-2 Aldershot
Overall record v (all competitions) W 5 D 2 L 7