• Tickets are Buy One Get One Free if purchased before midday.
• We are also running a kid for a quid offer.
• To purchase tickets on a credit card please go to the ticket office.
• The North Terrace will not be open but the Amber Lounge will for both home and away supporters.
• Barnet host AEL Limassol this Saturday in their final pre-season fixture ahead of the 2013/14 campaign.
• The Bees have had a positive pre-season with wins over St Albans City, Hemel Hempstead Town, Hendon FC and Hitchin Town.
• They have also suffered two defeats to Ipswich Town and MK Dons but both performances were extremely encouraging.
• Today’s opponents come with a fantastic pedigree having competed in last season’s UEFA Europa League.
• This time next week the Bees will be looking ahead to the season curtain raiser against newly promoted Chester FC.
• Cypriot side AEL Limassol were formed 82 years ago in 1930. They play their home matches at the Tsirion Stadium which has a capacity of 13,331.
• Last season AEL finished 5th in the Cypriot First Division.
• They have won six Cypriot First Division titles, with the most recent coming in 2012.
• They have also won six Cypriot Cups but they haven’t won one since 1989.
• Former Fulham and Portugese international striker Orlando Sa could lead the line for AEL tomorrow.
• Between March 2012 and February 2013 they were ranked 73 in the IFFHS Club World Rankings, one place above regular Champions League contestants FC Rubin Kazan.
• They missed out on a place in last season’s UEFA Champions League by one goal losing 2-3 on aggregate to Anderlecht.
• AEL Limassol are managed by Lito Vidigal.
• As a player Vidigal made 29 appearances for his national side – Angola.
• At club level he made over 200 appearances for the likes of Campomaiorense, Belenenses and Santa Clara.
• As a manager he has taken charge of Pontassolence, Ribeirao, Estrela Amadora, Portimonense, Uniao Leiria and the Angolan national side.
• The 44-year-old took charge of AEL in June 2013 following the departure of Champions League winning player Jorge Costa.
• Costa took led the club into last season’s UEFA Europa League after narrowly missing out on a place in the Champions League in the final play-off round.
• Costa is best known for captaining Jose Mourinho’s European conquering Porto side and under different circumstances we could have seen two Champions League winners go head to head.
LAST TIME OUT
Tuesday 30th July
Hitchin Town 0-3 Barnet
Barnet: Jupp, Vilhete, Vilcu, Brown, Abrahams, Roberto, Vose, Luisma, Marciano, Allen, Sykes.
Subs: Lowe, Abdulla, Warren, Lobjoit, Nurse.
Goals: Mengerink x2, Vilhete.
Saturday 27 July 2013
Partick Thistle 0-0 AEL Limassol
AEL Limassol: Romero, Eleftheriou, Ouon, Kyriakou, Soares, Nicolaou, Luciano, Monterio, Ohene, Edmar, Djalo.
Subs not used:Fegruch, Sachetti, Airosa, Targinop, Barbasa, Quama, Sa, Carvalho, Guacho, Georgiou.
MATCH SPONSORS with John Antoniou
Welcome to everyone from Athlitiki Enosi Lemesou, commonly known as AEL Limassol who are based in the city of Limassol, the port of Cyprus, to all the fans that have travelled and to our loyal Bees fans to this mouth-watering showcase match this afternoon here at The Hive London.
After an extremely busy week getting the stadium ready, we are set to kick-off again this afternoon and I would like to welcome our Match Day Sponsors, AG Kakouris Accountants, Associate Programme Sponsor, Parikiaki Newspaper and LGR- London Greek Radio, our Associate Match Ball Sponsors.
Good Afternoon to Alex and George from A G Kakouris & Co and guests. A G Kakouris & Co was the old style of the sole practitioner firm that took offices in Finsbury Park, London N4 in 1983 from a client base that was garnered through the late 1970s. The sole proprietor was Andreas G Kakouris whom was the founding partner, having qualified as an ACCA back in 1970.
The firm grew in status and reputation amongst its traditional local and ethnic client base and soon became recognised as one of the leading firms in North London. In 1990, Andreas was honoured with the position of Treasurer of the North London District Society of the ACCA, a position he held for twelve years. Whilst Andreas added to the business offering, he also oversaw the introduction of the family succession take shape in the forms of his son, George Kakouris and son in law, Alex Christofi who joined the firm in 1995. Twelve years on and as qualified ACCAs, Alex & George have overseen the transition to the firm we see today. Andreas plays a consulting role, whilst the ‘sons’ have engineered the move from London N4 to modern offices in the Old Post Office Building, Winchmore Hill, London N21 and now practice under the Company name A G Kakouris Ltd t/a AGK. Contact A G Kakouris for all accountancy requirements. Click www.agkakouris.co.uk or call 020 8370 7280 or see the advert in today’s match day programme.
Our second sponsor this afternoon and long term supporter of Barnet FC is the Parikiaki Newspaper represented today by Michael Yiacoumi who is joined by 5 of his esteemed guests in our 1888 Club Lounge.
Parikiaki is the leading Greek Cypriot newspaper published in London which serves the Greek and Greek Cypriot communities in excess of 300,000 people. The newspaper was established in 1974 with the object of responding to the growing needs of the Greek speaking communities in London and the UK. These were social, cultural, educational needs, as well as other information on areas of recruitment and community relations in general. Parikiaki is a platform for a wide range of views and ideas, as well as a source of independent news concerning the above mentioned communities. Although Parikiaki is published mainly in the Greek language, the launch of our English Section has meant they have increased readership to include those whose first language of English. The newspaper is circulated every Thursday with 40-58 pages in each issue and about 60% of the paper is devoted to news and features with the remainder allocated to display adverts. Parikiaki is widely distributed in London and has a vast number of subscribers all over the UK, Cyprus, Greece, and various countries of the world. Check today’s programme for further details or on line at www.parikiaki.com.
Our Ball Sponsor this afternoon is LGR who are London’s only Greek and Greek Cypriot radio station and were the UK’s first ethnic radio station. They broadcast 24 hours a day and offer a wide selection of music, phone-ins, regular news bulletins, current affairs, as well as educational and cultural programmes to their 300,000 regular listeners. Tune in to LGR on 103.3FM or visitwww.lgr.co.uk for your chance to win match day Barnet tickets. Welcome to you all.
Finally it’s a pleasure to be hosting George Josif from Archway Sheet Metal Works. The Catering equipment side is really what Archway was built on in the manufacture of catering equipment, specifically to service the ethnic community in London. This consisted of anything from Kebab machines, Display Cabinets, Chip-Fryers etc. Archway’s abilities became more and more prominent and spread from the ethnic community to all spheres of the industry, as well as serving the solid fast food end of the market, servicing anything from top end London restaurants to supplying some of the big groups. All stages of the manufacture of these catering equipment machines is accomplished In-House and the capacity has no boundaries. Although there are a great deal of standard products to choose from anything you could possibly want to suit your specific business can be done. For further info check www.archwaysm.com or call 020 8365 0760.
If you would like to follow in the footsteps of our recent sponsors and join us in either the 1888 Club or our exclusive Directors’ Lounge for a Bees home game then get in touch. Why not invite your clients, incentivise staff or even book a table as a gift to celebrate a special occasion. Whichever reason you choose and whilst we cannot affect what happens on the pitch, you can be assured of a fantastic meal and a great day out.
To find out more, please email us email@example.com or call 020 8381 3800 ext 2
With Kick Off only moments away, I wish you a memorable afternoon here at The Hive and hope you enjoy the match and onwards for a safe trip home.